and your dentist may also suggest different ways to prevent the condition and keep a high level of oral health. In some cases it may be necessary to experiment with some of the prevention methods to work out which ones suit you the best. Taking steps to prevent the condition from occurring is a wise move as gum disease is an extremely common condition and it can have serious health consequences.
The Top Tips
The following is a list of the five most common ways that you can prevent receding gums and gum disease and protect your oral health:
- Brush at least twice daily. Employing a good oral health routine at home is one of the best ways to protect your gums. Gum disease is almost always caused by bacterial growth on the teeth and gums and brushing is able to remove a lot of that potentially harmful bacteria.
- Floss regularly. You should floss before brushing to remove the traces of food and debris that get caught between the teeth.
- Visit your dentist and have them keep an eye on your gums to look out for the first signs of gum disease. They can give you advice and treatment early on that can reverse any early signs of the condition.
- Use a natural dental product to remove bacteria. OraMD is one such natural treatment that is a powerful anti-bacterial. You can use this product as toothpaste, mouth wash and topical agent to effectively remove the bacteria that lead to receding gums.
- Make sure that you are disciplined with your home oral health. All too often we forget to brush as often as we should and this is where the problems start.
If you practice good oral health routines at home and visit your dentist every six months for a check up, you stand a very good chance of preventing gum disease and receding gums from ever occurring.